So I just got back from an amazing trip out to WA to visit family and do some climbing up in the North Cascades National Park. The trip started on Tuesday with a long flight to Seattle and an even longer drive into Longview. My dad, niece and I got up early and headed to Pasco to visit my grandparents. It was really nice to get to enjoy 85 degrees with no humidity! My grandma and I took my niece to Ice Harbor Dam to watch the fish and view a video on Lewis and Clark (my niece even drew the William Clark connection!) Once done we headed to the river for some swimming and general relaxing on the Snake. That night was a ridiculous feast of Walleye, Clams and Mojitos cooked by my Uncle. Once back to Longview we did some general family stuff and cashed out. I got up early and headed to Tacoma for a ride with my Uncle Mark. We cruised the I205 bridge went down the water front and back on I5. I tell you Portland has its bike stuff figured out! After a lot more stuff I finally met my crew in Bellingham WA. Up early on Sunday we started our course. Once to the trailhead we hiked about 6 miles straight up to camp and started glacier school. Exhausted we all hit the sack early and did more glacier school Monday and Tueday. Then came summit day... We got up at 2am and left camp at 3am after a lot of hard work we summited Mt Baker at 9am. We soon started out descent back to the car. I think 9 miles with 7K drop. We finally hit the car at 5pm. Long day. Below are some of the pics of the trip. (just click the pic and it will take you to a web album).
No comments:
Post a Comment