Wednesday, May 5, 2010
20 by car 40 by bike
Happy cinco de mayo!!! So ever since we put a offer in on our new house I have been playing around with the idea of bike commuting to work. I don't know why, however, I was a bit nervous about the whole thing. Maybe because in the last 6 years I haven't lived farther than a mile from my place of employment. After talking to a bunch of friends (thanks Chris and Stephen) I was still a bit hesitant. Should I use a messenger bag or backpack, bring or buy lunch, stash or carry clothes, mtn bike of mtn bike. As with most things in life I hadn't planned on riding to work today. I just got up looked outside and said I should ride my bike to work. So I did. And it was awesome. Took my 40 minutes to ride Brevard Rd>Fairfax>Haywood>Riverfront>Broadway>UNCA. My legs felt a bit gamey from paddling the Tuck yesterday, which was awesome and a story for another post, however, I did fine. I'm really looking forward to the ride home. Ill let you know how it goes!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment